This is a service we hope you will never need. This systematic review of financial records is designed to reveal fraud, theft, or other financial wrong-doing or misrepresentation. A number of situations could indicate that forensic accounting is necessary, such as:
Theft – Do you have concerns about whether your company has lost money to employee theft, misappropriation of funds, or fraud? Forensic accounting will uncover the facts.
Dissolution of partnership – Fair and accurate representation of the financial position of the business is necessary in order to divide assets, price a buy-out, or distribute compensation appropriately.
Acquisition of a new business – Before you buy a business entity, you will want a thorough analysis of the financial records to ensure that there is no misrepresentation of worth or any financial irregularities.
Litigation – You need to be certain that documentation of financial position will stand up in court.
Investigation and Support
When investigation is necessary we will
- uncover the facts and offer solutions.
- identify your options to protect or recover assets.
- work with other professionals including private investigators and attorneys
- assist with subsequent legal action.
Our litigation support can include:
- preparation of necessary documentation for court
- review of all documentation to accurately assess the case
- refutation or validation of the damages report submitted by the opposing party
- contribution of expertise to settlement negotiations
- attendance at court proceedings as an expert witness and consultant for cross-examination
Owner disputes – generally relating to compensation
Personal injury claims – to determine financial loss after an accident ?
Insurance claims – includes a thorough review of the terms and conditions outlined in the policy ?
Employee investigation – to reveal the extent of the theft or fraud and advise course of action?
Marital disputes – evaluation of assets and net income?
Business economic losses – contract disputes, patent infringements, construction claims, breach of non-competition agreements
If you have concerns about the integrity of your financial data, employee misconduct, or any of the issues outlined here, contact us for a consultation to determine how you could benefit from our services.