These are hard issues, and are made more complicated by the fact that you have to plan for something that will happen at some point in the indiscriminate future. Some of the people in your family today won’t be there when you die, and many people that will be there when you die aren’t here yet. With all of these variables, it’s important to have an estate plan that can take your present situation into account while also ensuring that your future needs are planned for,.
Our estate and trust planners will help you devise a plan for your assets and legacy that starts paying benefits for you today. We’ll cut through the legalities and the challenges of estate planning for you by following a simple process.
- We form a team made up of legal, accounting and financial professionals that can create a customized strategy for you.
- We take stock of the estate planning tools that you already have in place like trusts, wills, powers of attorney and healthcare directives
- We set up your affairs so that your needs will be taken care of if you become unable to manage your assets while you are alive
- We create a plan that will lessen the risk of your assets going through a lengthy and expensive probate process
- We structure your assets so that as few of them as possible will be subject to estate tax.
- We set your assets up now so that they transfer to your heirs when you want them to and how you want them to
- We plan for any estate expenses and taxes so that they can be paid quickly and efficiently.
- We continually update your plan to stay current with your changing needs, changes in your family, and changes in the law.